01 02 03 Artsy Daisy Crochet: Happy New Year! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Happy New Year!

34

Here is to a new and exciting year!  Do you have any New Year's Resolutions for 2013?  Most of mine revolve around expanding my crochet repertoire.  Here is what I am looking to accomplish this year:

First on the list is learning Tunisian Crochet.  It's a mix between knitting and crocheting.  The technique uses a knitting needle with a crochet hook on the end.  Tunisian stitches range from thick and sturdy to open and airy.  I was lucky enough to receive an online class as a gift from my wonderful husband.  I will be posting some projects as soon as I have something to show!

My second resolution is to elongate my short stitches.  I have recently learned of the golden loop in crochet.  This is the first loop that you pull up to create a stitch.  The size of this loop dictates the height of your stitch.  For years I have been making stitches that are just too short and it has stunted many a project.  Hopefully it doesn't take that long to break the bad habit.

Third, I want to tackle socks.  During my visit to Webs in Northampton, MA, I bought a great skein of rainbow dyed sock yarn.  I also got a book that breaks down the construction of socks.  I'm really looking forward to this challenge!

Lastly (if I make it through the above three resolutions), I want to design an original sweater pattern.  I have crocheted some different styles of tops: top down raglan, a lace tank and a drop shoulder style.  In each I have learned something new and I am excited to try this new knowledge in my own design.

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38